Sunday, March 26, 2006

Willing to donate.


Fucking hell! Despite having only had about 4 hours sleep in the last 40 hours or so (as opposed to my usual 20), I still can't get to sleep no matter how hard I try. Even though I feel tired.

But anyway! I've decided to do something else for a while (which is what the "sleep experts" I'm always seeing on itv day recommend if you can't get to sleep at first) and have just given itunes a good seeing to.

I bought Prototype by Bodies Without Organs:

... and c'blimey, it's 100% bloody brilliant.

They're unsuprisingly from Sweden, the best country for music these days due to it seemingly still producing lots of upbeat, shiny modern music by nicely styled stars. Unlike this country.

The members (l-r):
  • Alexander Bard - funny looking popgod, previously behind Alcazar and Army of Lovers.
  • Martin somethingorother - ridiculously pretty lead vocalist who would most definitely get it.
  • Milfy woman - there really aren't enough 40-something glamorous lady keyboard players in the music industry, are there?.
I'm already loving this whole album, despite hearing half of the songs only once. It's just that catchy. And the good news is that BWO's second album is out in a month or so. "Woot".

Thank christ for the internet. Without it I'd probably be sitting here listening to The fucking Stereophonics or something as equally beige.

x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gareth the stereophonics are Gods among mere men and I will not read a word against them! so be careful what you say or else I'll straighten your hair again

Gareth said...

You don't scare me! I'll go bald if I have to.

Anonymous said...

Will BWO fill the gaping hole that the Alcazar split has left in my life?

Gareth said...

YES, and so much more. Although I have never been too keen on ALcazar. They were far too "Scooch" for my liking.

I've just heard clips from the second BWO album out later this month, and there's a distinct possibility that it'll be even better than Prototype.