Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Jumping on my Tutu.


After travelling and sitting around in hotels and departure lounges for 24 hours (roughly 20 hours longer than I'm usually ever awake for), I was tired and groggy.

HOWEVER, hearing this brand new Girls Aloud single soon changed all that. How can they be so consistently brilliant? It's a bit unfair on the Sugababes. On first few listens it's somewhere between their 3rd and 12th best song. I'm still yet to hear the intro and ending though, since I gather they're not included on the radio rip due to Chris Moyles, everybody's favourite fat cunt, talking all over them.


Other things that I came home to find out:

  • Steve Irwin. Dead. Goodness me, that's a bit rubbish isn't it? And a Stingray got him in the end? That must have been one of the last animals in the entire world left to have a pop at him. Unlucky.
  • The Scissor Sisters getting some justice with a number one. Although everybody'll stop liking them now.
  • That's actually it. Must have been a slow news fortnight.

x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Click, although you've probably already seen it. Dumb, much?

Anyhoo...I'm incredibly surprised and shocked and other words beginning with s, that you've caught up so quickly! Well done.

Gareth said...

No I hadn't seen that. I'm guessing it was spawned on some sort of Aloud messageboard? Are the two songs released on the same days then? The Aloud really have no chance, despite being in a different league. The handful of homos and teenygals who aren't threatened by four attractive women will proove no worthy oponent for the army of faux-grunged McFly fans, buying three of every single because they got an email "from the guys" telling them to do so.

I'm pleased that the ol' "Buy Girls, Bye Boys" slogan has been given one last airing though.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha...people still believe that those emails are from then...a few even reply and cry when they get a reply saying they can't reply. Reply. Reply.

OhhOHHohh! You forget to add the last Will & Grace. Even if it was a pile of crap.

Gareth said...

Oh I missed the last Will and Grace! And I missed the live episode too! In fact the only one I'e seen this year was the Britney one. It was really, really rubbish. She was looking chubby, but she was probably pregnant. Or using the fact that people might think she was pregnant as an excuse for eating fried lard and not exercising. Either way Britney, STOP HAVING FUCKING BABIES AND GET A DIVORCE AND DO A NEW ALBUM - EVEN IF IT'S JUST THREE GOOD SONGS AND LOTS OF FILLER LIKE YOU NORMALLY DO.

/rant

Anonymous said...

I LOVED THAT BRITNEY EPISODE! I don't why she put on a crappy accent...or why shes still married to federline...but yeah, twas a good episode, even if they hardly used her...
You would've seriously cried at the last episode...due to the horribleness of it...even cheesier than friends' lastun (which I loved)...and also crap cos they had two reunions: 1) two years later, they hadn't seen each other since the last episode. 2) when both their kids started Uni...where they hadn't seen each other since 1). GRR!!111! THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BEST FRIENDS. BEST FRIENDS DON'T "GROW APART"!