Friday, October 13, 2006

"Voice of an angel, liver of a wino."


Hmmm, I can't quite make my mind up about Charlotte Church.

On one hand, she's always slagging off Girls Aloud, boring everyone with worship of her Gav, and constantly pointing out how down to earth she is because she drinks more Vodka than Water and weekly eats the entire covering of Dr Gillian's "before" table on You Are What You Eat. She also proved to be a rather rubbish popstar.

BUT on the other hand, she still remains rather likable and unique (in the celebrity world). I also think I'd end up as her in a "What celebrity are you most like?" quiz. Plus I never get tired of hearing stories from anybody who's ever been to a club in Cardiff, about how Charlotte Church told them to fuck off.

She doesn't really know what to do with herself these days, but somehow she's been given a Friday night chatshow. I've only seen about two, but can conclude that it's not as bad as everybody (i.e. the newspapers and folk who haven't seen it) have been saying it is.

It does make the mistake of peaking too soon though, with a variation of this every week:



x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen two half episodes of this...the end of one last Thursday and the start of one last Friday. It seemed a little forced...but we watched it cos we love Charlotte and how she thinks that EVERYONE wants to know EVERYTHING about her and see her dress and sing stuff. When we're just waiting for her to slag off someone we barely care about.

Anonymous said...

Seeing that once was enough. I'll give her bloody theme tune. What I do love about English tele and the way people just come out with words like shit and wank.

Gareth said...

Can you not say them on OzTV? I thought the Ozzies were always swearing.

Anonymous said...

Just in our own homes, I think Harrison Ford came out with a couple of fucks on Rove and that was a bit shocking.

Anonymous said...

I am really getting bored of Charlotte's head **nudge nudge**

Gareth said...

Give me 24 hours!

Anonymous said...

I don't mind her show, but i hate the fucking theme tune.

CCTV is the best bit