Monday, December 18, 2006

Blimey, this year's X-Factor was duller than Songs Of Praise.

There's only one winner who I still care about:




I hope he's back this year with some new material which isn't a load of old shite or cover versions. It would be a shame to lose such a talented and pretty popstar. And one with such an exciting backstory too, what with the mad family and all the crime. I'll never forget the time in the hairdressers when I read one magazine article about Shsyne's dad being in prison for raping a grandmother, before picking up another one to see a beaming picture of Shayne underneath the headline "I Love Older Women!".


x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was soooooo the best performance Shayne did. I had to re-watch it the other week when Leona tried her hand at it. Shaynes is worlds arpart from her version.
I miss Shayne too. :(

Gareth said...

SHE did a version too? I'm glad I missed that. I hate the fact that they're all carrying on like Shayne never existed. It's like watching your mum remarry only a year after your dad's died. Tis vey traumatic.

Speaking of last year's X-Factor, I'm going to be seeing Journey South on Friday Night :(

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha.
BUT YOU HATE THEM!
Why are you going?
Wait...they're still alive and kicking...and worst of all...allowed in the presence of the public at CHRISTMAS?

(Yeah, yeah. I liked them. But shh.)

Gareth said...

There'll be other (actually good) folk there too. It's at some big Christmas Party thing that I agreed to a while back.

I hate that about myself - agreeing to something that's months away and then realising that I really don't want to go when the time arrives.

I wish it was the McDonald Bros instead. They're the only incenstuous siblings that I care about.