Sunday, February 04, 2007

Walk Away



What we can learn from this year's Comic Relief single:

- Girls Aloud shouldn't cover songs that were never very good in the first place, nor should they ever record without their usual producers Xenomania.
- Africa is probably fucked. Or at least, it won't get as many Wells and Vaccinations as it would have if the song was any good. This means that people will DIE.

What we can learn from this year's comic relief single-accompanying-video:

- Cheryl has hair like a circus horse.
- Celebrities aren't as supportive towards comic relief as they used to be. I wonder if even Keith From The Office, Sonia Off Eastenders, Little Miss Jocelyn and The Man From Green Wing thought they were the first choice to appear.
- Amelle is the best thing about the Sugababes, and makes me like them more. She's the newish one that looks like an angry bird (perhaps a kestrel), for those who don't know their Sugababes.
- Nicola is so pale that the camera has problems recording her face. This is either because the other jealous girls lock her in the cellar and make her do housework, OR because everytime she goes outside the sun sees her and thinks "I'm not good enough to even look at such a bastion of greatness" and fucks off behind a cloud.


I shall probably still buy it though, what with it being a charity affair. My mum's already sent me this year's red nose and I've been wearing it far too much. It is better than the last few Comic Relief's worth, because it is spongey and light so it can be worn for more than 5 seconds and wont give you a nose bleed. On the downside, it smells a bit like how I would imagine Asbestos to smell like.

x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. For the first time we are going to have to disagree for the first time in our relationship.

This WAS a great song, Run DMC and Aerosmith! Brilliance. Especially when Steve Tyler screams his tits off!

However, yes, people will die. This is SHIT.

Kisses

[james] said...

All I learn from that video is a, Amelle has weird tits and b, just offense it was when my friend called me Sonia. (I was dating a Martin Fowler-looking guy at the time)

Anonymous said...

Things I have learnt from this years song:

1. Even Charity and the hint of fame can't bring two girl bands together, there is no way they were even in the same building for any of those shots.

2. I would like to see pikey Amelle and Cheryl fight they both look quite hard and I imagine it would be very catty.

3. I wish Sonia from Eastenders would fuck off, yes you had a boob job, but don't get your massive arse out.

4. Is that Lily Cole with the curlers in? She really should get a better agent if it is.

Boz said...

...but... but... I find myself strangely drawn... it's like watching a car crash of pop...must...watch it.... again.....

Anonymous said...

I just watched it again, you know, just for research and all.

It's still shit, though I quite agree with you on liking that angry Kestrel one, she is quite good.

Haha! SOOOOOONNIAAA from Eastenders was my favourite, because she is so WRONG looking.

I can see my little friend Stoicky investing in this single.