Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Bitchin' Choons of Death.



So this whole Ash debacle has somehow got me thinking about what songs I'd like playing at my funeral.

Here we are:

  • Good Riddance - Greenday
  • Ever Fallen in Love - The Buzzcocks
  • Like A Prayer - Madonna
  • Kung Fu - Ash
  • The Scientist - Coldplay
These have been my favouritest songs for a while now and I can't really tire of 'em. This list'll probably change though, unless I cark it in the very near future. Not that that will happen*.


x


*I am so very dead now I've typed this.

8 comments:

grimbin said...

trouble with funeral songs is that they are killed for everyone else after listening to them...

Gareth said...

Are you not having any at your funeral then?

Anonymous said...

Gareth, you said you were sending out invites to your funeral a good few months ago...I'm still waiting.

Gareth said...

I think that's only if I'm ever terminally ill though. Or suicidal.

But I'd hope that if I'm ever the latter and start sending out funeral invites then someone would try and talk me out of it.

grimbin said...

I'd have songs at my funeral yes, because once I'm dead they can't be killed for me I guess...

Anonymous said...

You can't have the buzzcocks played out your funeral as that song is being played at mine, and as it is obvious that I am going to die first, we both know why, you will just look like a big copying loser.

Gareth said...

But nobody'll be at your funeral. Even your mum will be "washing her hair".

I might come along. If there's a buffet. Will there be a buffet?

Anonymous said...

Good Riddance is an excellent choice. As it was played during the last ever Seinfield, it is already associated with loss and destitution. The most appropriate funeral song I've ever been subjected to is the Velvet's 'Black Angel Death Song'. I would like 'Kelly Watch the Stars' by Air (for that is my proper name) and the sad piano music at the end of the Incredible Hulk TV show.