Friday, January 06, 2006

Procrastinate! Procrastinate!


Why oh why do I always leave things to the last minute?

I return to uni first thing on Sunday morning, and before then I have two rather long and important essays to research (i.e. Wikipedia) and write. Plus I've got to pack. Quite simply, I am fucked.

I don't quite understand why I have this amazing putting-off tendency when I fully understand that my work will be of a far higher standard and less stressful should I do it over a nice long time scale. In fact, I could have started these essays at the beginning of October - that's about 10 minutes of work a day.


At least being a sloppy layabout when it comes to work means I'm not turning into my Dad just yet.

The ol' fella prides himself on being a reliable hard worker, like some sort of pompous human Bumble Bee. Sadly for him though, he'll always find a way to muck it up and end up breaking something.

This only seems to be increasing as his grasp on reality and common sense slips. The other day I asked him why he was taking a Benadryl tablet. His reply?

"Because every now and then I think I'm going to get an allergy."


x




P.S. If you also have lots of work to do and have to stay in tonight, then watch that Friday Night Project thing. It's presented by Billie Piper and she is fucking brilliant. I've even got her greatest hits.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fucking love how you write something a few times a day. It does not imply that your computer is your life, infact it means my computer is my life, as I wait at the edge of my half-broken computer seat for the next installment from "Da Man" of dp.net.
Trying to steer away from utter-creepiness now, Billie Piper, her greatest hits? Every King has their downfall.
x

Gareth said...

I'd imagine your computer seat broke because you were sitting on the edge in the first place, you silly, sily girl.

And don't please start on the Piper. She is a goddess and her Best of CD rocks. I found it in Woolies a few months back for only £3:97, which is bloody insulting. I tried to offer the lady behind the counter more for it but she decline.

x

grimbin said...

Oh my god...you actually have more of an audience than I originally predicted...well done

Gareth said...

Yuhuh, my blog is the Eastenders to your Family Affairs.

grimbin said...

Wat the fuck is family affairs?! My blog is so far out of your league its more like friends...something you lack...asshole...you heard me right...go watch big bruvva...

Gareth said...

Family Affairs was a soap shown on five that was axed a few weeks back because nobody watched it. However, I believe it was quite good.

And I watch Big Brother with friends and we can all talk about the AMAZING things that are happening. Altho we missed it tonite, so I have to tape the morning repeat. That is how compelling it is.

You are a jerk.

Anonymous said...

I am quite insulted that I am just lumped in with the general terms or "friend". Surely I deserve more than this?

Gareth said...

Well "friends and Sian" makes it sound like I don't actually like you. For instance, "friends and Tudor".

Although you're the only one who actually watches BB with me, so I coulda just named you.