Monday, April 10, 2006

"He's my favourite paedophile."

Goodness me.

Usually when a new band adds you on MySpace, they're guaranteed to be shit. Quite why I get hundreds of fake angsty shouty bands from the rough suburbs of Shropshire thinking that I want to be their friend when my music list includes Abba, Girls Aloud and Savage Garden is beyond me.

But today I got a friend request from a band who can only be described as "refreshingly different". The two songs on their page are both totally kickass, which means that I'm liking 100% of their material and by rights makes them my favourite band of all time. Or something.

There's the brilliant Paedom - aka "Gary Glitter: The Musical", which just demands the stage show treatment and includes Gitter being executed to the sounds of Celine Dion. And there's Christmas Anthem which totally blows that Slade song we end up playing every year out of the water.

It's all terribly immature and reeeaaally tasteless, but that's no bad thing.


x

1 comment:

thomwickes said...

ahh. thom of chocfact here. just googled the word 'paedom' and found this blog.

thanks for the awesome review!