Friday, August 04, 2006

I was wrong

...about the new Scissor Sisters song being just quite good, because it's actually a stomper. Like a parade of spangly dancing disco elephants, marching through an enchanted party jungle. Perhaps the one featured in the Um Bongo adverts.

Here is a video to accompany it:



I would probably quite want to strangle Jake Shears, were he a person I had to tolerate in everyday life and not a celebrity living in my telly and computer boxes. Ana Matronic though, is welcome to pop round for a glass of Ribena and a Jaffa cake any day of the week.

x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like it, it sounds too much like the Nolans and Leo sawyer. The only good thing about the Nolans was Colleen

Paul said...

how did i miss this blog site in all its marvelousness?? I just love this video btw - i am currently worshipping at the altar of all things scisster...

Gareth said...

Sian: I quite like Bernie Nolan too. She's the white haired (possibly blonde) one who was in the Bill and Brookie. Back to the song: you not liking it is reassurance that it's good. Not just a load of silly shouting or beeps.

Paul: I hadn't found your blog either! I t's supersmashingreat - MP3 blogs that have stuff I want to listen to are rare.

Boz said...

I reckon it's a winner. Can't get it out of my head. Now if only I can figure out what Mister Shears is actually singing...

I reckon Ana's more a Vimto and chips kind of a lass though.

Gareth said...

She'll get what she's given.

Yes! What the Dickens is Jake singing? There are a good few lines that I can't make out, and google doesn't seem to have lyrics up yet.

Adrian said...

The bestest part of the video is Ana's shimmy to the drumbeat after the second chorus.