Monday, August 21, 2006

My four year old self can fuck off - I no longer want to be a car when I grow up.

I am above average. FACT!

It normally takes an average of forty hours for someone to learn to drive. I've spent between 150 and 200 hours sat behind the wheel with an instructor or nervous dad, and today I managed to fail my second driving test with even more majors and minors than last time :(

It would be quite nice to not end up much more above average, because it would be a bit embarassing to take my old-age re-test when I'm 70, only a few months after qualifying. I am also fucking sick of driving, and would quite like to pass just so I can then avoid a car until I get a proper job.


x

6 comments:

LaLa said...

Babes, I am 30 this year, T-H-I-R-T-Y, and I have never even attempted to get my learners, I am really proud of you for trying.

Gareth said...

Well this is one of the first things that I've tried despite the very high chance of failure. Normally it's a case of "well I'll do something I'm good at instead", but people get mugged and sat next to smelly people on buses, which is the only real alternative.

If I fail the next one I'm going to make a car shell out of a big card board box, and roller-skate myself around the world.

Anonymous said...

You're gonna be like Maureen, or whatever her name was off of Driving school. It isn't all bad she became a minor celebraity, so you get me invites to semi-shit things

Boz said...

I think my provisional driving licence has now expired.

Whoops.

Gareth said...

Sian, it's Maureen Rees you refer to. She looked a bit disabled and was ace. I actually swear more than her on lessons, though I tone it all down on test as not to fail for roadrage. Maureen got her own show if I remember correctly. She was also on Five's Back TO Reality.


Boz, did you attempt to learn or just get a proisional for I.D purposes? That's a main reason for wanting to pass - the photo on my provisional doesn't actually look like me, so when I get id-ed (3 out of 5 times) I always have to lift my fringe up and puff out my cheeks. Bouncers are condescending enoughwithout this extra ammunition.

Boz said...

Right. My provisional is from waaay before the days of pictures on them... I sort of gave up, I think.

I passed my theory though - whoo!

Maureen had a single out too - cover of 'Driving in my Car' by Madness. Hodear.