Saturday, August 19, 2006

Remember my name, FAME!

Big Brother is dead.

Long live X-Factor!

Yes, the search for the next big singing sensation begins tonight at 6:50. It will of course prove fruitless, but great fun none the less.

There will be plenty of:
  • Sharon throwing water.
  • Everyone (including Louis) thinking that Louis is shit.
  • Fat women dressed in Kylie-sized clothes.
  • Sharon crying at some point.
  • Ugly boybands wearing vests.
  • Slightly mentally ill people being ridiculed in the name of entertainment.
  • Kate Thornton being very happy that she slept with Simon Cowell that one time.
  • "Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it."
  • "This is my last chance to make it big."
  • "It means the world to me."
  • Shattered dreams.
Brilliant!

I wonder what this year's disability will be? I felt slightly cheated that 2005 did nothing to match the blind, stammering and morbidly obese contestants of the first X-Factor and similar series. All we had was Andy whining about being a binman and having a dead mother, not to mention Shayne's ridiculously rough family and granny-rapist dad. Here's hoping for some sort of palsy or wheelchair action this time. It's a shame BB's already exhausted the tourettes thing.

EDIT: Due to forced sociable-ness, I will not be able to watch tonight's show until tomorrow. I shall now wear black and cry a lot.

x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:O
YOU MISSED IT?

There was only one good person. He was kinda Will-Young-ish. But better looking. And looked after his ill Mum. And to prove he wasn't lying he called her after he got through and she spoke to us. Which is annoying cos he would've stuck out without the sob story. And makes me wonder who'll look after her when he's all rich and famous for a year and a bit.

And of course there were retards. But I'd be here all day writing about them so I won't.

Gareth said...

Oh no I've seen it since. It was ace!

Fit man with ill mum was lovely, and blatantly a finalist at Christmas. I still want to see a sick note though. I also loved those three giggly women, who reminded me of the lilt ladies.

It was all about Mad Donna for me. And The Judge! Oh and the mother in law!

Line of the night was "...but I've done karaoke finals... without looking at the screen."