Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Chart of 2006



This year has not been totally shit, as there has been some quite good music knocking about. Perhaps you are Me Of The Future. If this is the case, it might be nice to make a playlist out of the following songs on your futuristic music devise, and reminisce about younger times. Also, congratulations on not being dead.


The top ten songs of 2006:

10. Money - Girls Aloud
9. You Only Live Once - The Strokes
8. Red Dress - Sugababes
7. Nan You're A Window Shopper - Lily Allen
6. Life In Mono - Emma Bunton
5. America - Razorlight
4. Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
3. Faster Kill Pussycat - Paul Oakenfold feat. Brittany Murphy
2. Something Kinda Ooooh - Girls Aloud
1. Sugar, We're Going Down - Fall Out Boy


The rest of The Top 40 (but in no particular order because the top 10 took fucking ages and I'm still not too happy with it): Crazy Fool - Girls Aloud; Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado; Dance Dance - Fall Out Boy; Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol; I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters; Hot Kiss - Juliette & The Licks; All Time Love - Will Young; I Think We're Alone Now (Single Version) - Girls Aloud; Ask Me Anything - The Strokes; Heart in a Cage - The Strokes; Never Be Lonely - The Feeling; Checkin' It Out - Little Chris; Rehab - Amy Winehouse; Sorry - Madonna; Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis; When You Were Young - The Killers; London Bridge - Fergie; Temple of Love - BWO; Stick To The Status Quo - High School Musical; Monster - The Automatic; Pull Shapes - The Pipettes; Wigwam - Wigwam; LDN - Lily Allen; Relax, Take it Easy - Mika; Stars Are Blind - Paris Hilton; Who Am I - Will Young; You and Your Hand - P!nk; Beep - Pussycat Dolls; Everyday Combat - Lostprophets

(To be eligibubble, songs had to be released in the UK at some point in 2006 on either CD/download single or album.)

There would probably be quite a few Rogue Traders songs on this list, but I couldn't work out where to put them because I'd exhausted them once they were finally released over here. So instead of confusing myself I just left them off all together.


x

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd think I'd like a lot more from that list.
But I guess none of them annoy the complete and utter hell out of me (bar Lily).
Infact I quite like your taste.
But we already knew that.
*pulls a party popper*

Gareth said...

If you don't like everything in that list then you are in fact a mong y'know. They've done tests, scientific tests.

It's ok for Lily to annoy you though, especially after she slagged you off in the papers (i'm just assuming she did, coz I think we all got it in the neck from her at some point).

Molecular Turtle said...

I love both your sense music and you're postiive attitude ;)

LaLa said...

Alright Gareth, enough is enough. Where the bloody hell are you?

I read an article about the binge drinking in London on NY's Eve... was that just you?

Anonymous said...

Gareth doesn't have the internet at the moment. That or he ate too much over christmas and his fingers are now too chubby to press the keys.

He should have it back around the 13th.

Anonymous said...

Its way past the 13th....WHERE ARE YOU GEE BEE?

LaLa said...

Thanks you Sian, do you think he might have fallen down the loo?

Gareth! Come back! I promise I won't pull the head off your Kylie Doll again!

LaLa said...

Gareth! You are BACK! I see you on my blog and stuff! I am so glad you are back! I missed YOU! Don't do that again!

(Yes, I WAS watching Mile High, the trashy British tv series. I LOVE it, I heart it so much. I think Janice is my favourite but then I quite liked Poppy when she decked that guy on the boat who was cheating on that girl who was orange from too much fake tan.. hmm... can't remember her name. And I kinda had a crush on Will for a couple of episodes, yes, I KNOW he is gay and stuff but he is just so dirty and funny and I loved it when he was off his tits and tried to climb onto the other peoples balcony with a cooked chicken in his hand and stuff. But seriously, what about all the shagging in it? I must say that Series 1 had more rambunctious shagging in it and Series 2 is a bit more serious and stuff... don't tell me how it ends though as I have not yet watched the last 4 discs...  and.... erm....)

I AM GLAD YOU ARE BACK! WELCOME BACK TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE INTERMANET.  

XX

Gareth said...

Hahaha thanks. I'm afraid I've never seen Mile High, but you've made it sound incredible. It's being repeated as of a few days back though, so when I finally get back to uni I may actually set up my freeview box and make an effort with it.

Have you heard of/seen Footballers' Wives? It's the best British Trash TV of possibly ever, especially the first three series. Everyone should live their lives a bit like Tanya Turner.