Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Power Of Five



OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE, STOP BRINGING THE SPICE GIRLS INTO EVERYTHING.

At the request of Boz, here come 5 Useless Facts About Me:

(1) The first record (well, tape) I bought was "The Smurfs Go Pop". It was nothing short of amazing, containing the likes of "Our Smurfing Party" and "Smurfhillbilly Joe". I even bought the imaginatively titled follow up album, "The Smurfs Go Pop Again". It wasn't as good. That difficult second Smurf album, eh?

(2) I am addicted to chewing gum, it's my Smoking. I chew between one and two packs a day.

(3) I once NEARLY DIED on holiday in Menorca. On the first day I slipped and fell against a flimsy glass door, which swung back and shattered on the corner of a table, sending a shard plunging into my back and puncturing my left lung. What fun! I then got to spend the entire two weeks remaining in a Menorcan hospital, with the first week in intensive care.

(4) I cannot ride a bike, or do a gamboll.

(5) My names is Gareth Richard Douglas King.

Gareth = Welsh
Richard= English
Douglas= Scottish
King = Rules them all.

Amazing. It wasn't intentional, my parents aren't mental nationalists or anything.

If you have a blog, right five facts about yourself.

x

7 comments:

Boz said...

I had the Roland rat album. It kicked arse! Pink Bucket was wicked.

Wow. There was a stage when the Spice Girls would do anything for money, right? I bet they never saw YouTube coming.

Hang on.... wasn't Tosh from Torchwood in Spice World??

Um. Do you have a cool scar from Menorca?

Anonymous said...

*write

SCottish! :D

I chew gum ALL THE TIME TOO! MY GOD WE'RE GUM BUDDIES! :o

Gareth said...

Uma is pissed! Hooray!

Boz- I feel sorry for the Spices' Mums, forever running round the house setting hundreds of videos to catch all their daghters' appearances for future years, unaware of the fact that they'd all be put on the internet anyway.

Yes, Tosh was the pregnant friend Nicola, who didn't seem to know anyone other than the Spice Girls.

I have a little scar on my back from where the glass went in, a little scar in my side from where I had a tube inserted (that made lots of bubbling sounds if I remember correctly), and teensy little scar on my wrist from where another bit of glass hit.

LaLa said...

That Tosh chick was Saffy's best friend on AbFab too wasn't she? I can't remember her name just that Eddy called her "TittyCaCa" and referred to her papoose.

Boz said...

"DO YOU WANT TO SEX HIM??" was I believe her other classic line in AbFab.

Gareth said...

Don't forget the one when she got all excited about drinking a whole can at a party.

Boz said...

Oh yeah! hahahah!

And thinking on it, at least the Spice Mums got a tribute somg out of it all, with Mama.