Saturday, February 10, 2007

Bits. And pieces. But mostly bits. Well, words. Arranged into sentences and perhaps paragraphs.


- I am very excited about the next Harry Potter book. I do not like walking past Smiths anymore, because the windows are plastered with posters telling us to pre-order it. I firstly do not understand why anybody would ever need to pre-order something that there'll be no shortage of whatsoever, and secondly the posters remind me about both the book itself and the fact that I'll have to wait until August 21st to read it.

- My throat hurts. It feels like I've swallowed a brillo pad. I haven't. My head hurts too and I've just started sneezing. Perhaps it's that bird flu that's in vogue right now.

- There is officially nothing left in Aberystwyth to do.

- The Caramel Apple Pie Ice Cream Sunday now at McDonalds is probably the best invention ever. At least since the I-Pod. It is basically a cup filled with ice-cream and caramel sauce, with an apple pie rammed into it.

- I only have 5 hours of lectures a week this semester. And two hours of that is watching a film, with a further 2 hours being all tense in a television studio, because the lady in charge apparently shouts a lot if we fuck up.

- I have fallen out of love with Neighbours. Mostly because I didn't watch over the christmas period, only to resume and find 15 new characters. Seriously, I didn't recognise anybody for the first 10 minutes of the episode.

- To fill the Ramsay Street shaped void, I am now addicted to Prison Break after getting my grabbers on the series one boxset. It is "more addictive than crack flavoured pringles", to quote every unoriginal bastard who heard that phrase and thought "I'm having that". It is quite a silly phrase really, because I'm sure it's more the chemicals in crack that make it so moreish. Does it even have a flavour? Or do you inject it? I'm not edgy and exciting enough to know about drugs, sorry. Anyway! Prison Break! God it's brilliant - there are so many twists and clever bits. Plus it makes me feel dead manly. I often find myself wanting to kick someone's face in after watching it.

- Roughly ALL of this past week has been spent with three other lovely people shooting a 10 minute short film for our course. It is a tale of stalking and dog killing and hallucenogenic-spiked milk. It is basically a load of old shit.

- Has everyone heard the new Avril Lavigne song? It is quite a joy to listen to once, but any repeat listens make it marginally less welcome than hearing your parents having sex in the next room.

- I am quite annoyed that I didn't bother with tickets for the next Girls Aloud tour, because it will apparently feature a Spice Girls medley (!!!) and Rogue Traders as a support act (!!!).


THAT IS ALL.


x

8 comments:

LaLa said...

i take it you are referring to Rosie, Fraser and all those people who have suddenly moved into Toady's house?

Yeah, it sucks.

About those Girls Aloud tickets, you NEED to go.

Anonymous said...

:O That GA tour was MADE for you! Go enter all the compos and such*!

x

*find out the addresses of everyone going to your closes gig and steal their tickets so you're the only one in the audience.

Boz said...

Comments four and five go together beautifully.

And you still managed to get the Spice Girls in. Wicked.

[james] said...

Crack doesn't have a flavour as such (more of an aftertaste) and can be smoked or injected. That's right, I'm edgy. I live in Leicester. We have drugs and knives and lots of crisps factories.

PS - My friend got tickets to the GA tour and didn't think to get me a spare one. He also didn't get a spare ticket to PCD or Nelly Furtado. I now hate him.

Anonymous said...

I hate that I had 5 hours of lectures today. Thats your semester in one day. Thats. Horrid.

Gareth said...

You get to be a Doctor at the end of this though. I get to work in a call centre.

Thankyou for all your lovely comments lovely people!

Boz said...

Trust me - there is life after call centres. I worked in one for a summer a Uni. I had to take my eyebrow piercing out everyday - and then it grew out. Sniff.

Boz said...

Oo aand hey, there might be an alternative to the Growlers Aloud gig.

;-)