Friday, November 17, 2006

Have I not done a post about Mika yet?


Strangely I haven't, which is a travesty.

Who is Mika?
  1. He is a singing man.
  2. With hair that could easily be rubbish, but isn't.
  3. More importantly, he has very good songs.
  4. That are brilliant and exciting.

I could go on, but that would go further down the route of making an exciting thing like Mika into something very very tedious.

Have a look at his MySpace page here, which is home to some amazing songs like the brilliant "Grace Kelly".

Popbitch first did all this at the beginning of summer, so I'm suprised that he hasn't been the Next Big Thing yet. In fact, we should be at the point now where we're all sick of him and wishing he'd fuck off and work on another album.

As it stands that'll probably happen next year, with his debut disk out in early 2007. Hurrah!


x


Edit: It turns out he's on Jools Holland tonight. Hopefully it'll end up on YouTube. I can't stand Jools - there's something about him that gives me the shivers. In fact it was only a week or so back that I was having a drunken conversation with a complete stranger about how neither of us would leave him with our kids. I'm sure he's lovely though, and he's giving breaks to people like Mika which is certainly no bad thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*pauses The Killers*...for you, feel privilaged!

And actually he's quite good.
I'm liking how his MySpace isn't messy but isn't over record-companied-up.
I'm also liking his characteristic voice that he doesn't tame.
I'm also also liking Grace Kelly.
The others seem too high and strange-sounding.
The picture you chose is WAY more flattering than his default one...and WAY WAY better than this one: http://myspace-706.vo.llnwd.net/00908/60/79/908179706_m.gif :S

Gareth said...

You're so shallow...

He sung Grace kelly on Jools Holland. It was very good and I got shivers. It's all on the BBC website, though it means wading through dull performanceS from all the other acts on the show (although "America" by Razorlight is quite lovely). Poor Mika only got to sing the one, despite being the most exciting thing there.

Anonymous said...

Mikas famous.
Well kinda...hes doing this AOL thing with McFly, Sugababes, Amy Winhouse and Just Jack.
& wow, you like a lot of those people.
You have famous british AOL taste.

Gareth said...

What is this AOL thing of which you speak? I hope The Winehouse is pissed up and gobs on Danny McFly. Did you see her on Buzzcocks the other night?! If not you need to watch it again online before it expires in the next day or so.

I was in the car t'other day, and Johnathan Ross played Grace Kelly! On the radio, not in the car with me.

Anonymous said...

Dammit, edit that last message, it soudns better to think Johnny Ross was in the car with you and spontaneously played you Mika.

I shall watch. I still haven't made my mind up about her...(although I may not cos guess what? go on guess...I HAVE EXAMS IN TWO FUCKING WEEKS! AGAIN!)

Its this AOL Music Live Winter Christmas thingy. I entered a competition to see it live but I never win anything so I'll be watching it with all other common folk, like ya self, online...america online, infact.